The Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas at Denver's Swedish Medical Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to surgical and non-surgical treatment strategies for patients with complex liver, biliary and pancreatic disease.
Medical and surgical diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas represent some of the most complex and challenging problems faced by health care professionals today. Our team is here to help treat these diseases.
Liver & Pancreatic Conditions Treated
- Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Bile Duct Disorders, including (benign and malignant) biliary duct cancer
- Cancer of the Liver, primary and metastatic
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- Drug-Induced Hepatitis
- Inherited Metabolic Liver Disorders
- Pancreatic Tumors
- Pancreatitis (acute and chronic)
- Portal Hypertension
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Viral Hepatitis (A, B, C, D and E)
Pancreatic Cancer Services
Swedish Medical Center’s Pancreatic Cancer Services are offered as a part of our Center for Diseases of the Liver and Pancreas. As a leader in services offered in Colorado, our center has dedicated physicians and staff committed to comprehensive care and treatment to all pancreatic cancer patients. Our Center provides the most advanced treatments and compassionate care to ensure that all of our patients achieve the best possible outcome. The Joint Commission recently awarded Swedish its "Gold Seal" accreditation for our pancreatic and lung cancer programs>>
At the Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas, our team of specialists come from many different areas of expertise to provide the most comprehensive care.
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology: Board-certified gastroenterologists offer advanced endoscopic techniques.
- Interventional Radiology: Interventional Radiologists use minimally invasive image guided techniques to treat tumors or obstructions.
- Surgery: General surgeons are fellowship trained in advanced surgical techniques involving liver, biliary and pancreatic surgery. Surgeons specialize in the operative removal of tumors, of the liver, pancreas or other parts of the GI tract.
- Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology: Medical oncologists offer specialized chemo-therapeutic treatment plans. Radiation oncologists deliver external and internal beam radiation therapy to referred patients, both inpatient and outpatient