At Swedish Medical Center's Swedish Cancer Care Center in Denver, Colorado, we offer leading-edge cancer (oncology) treatment, providing cancer care for the entire individual and creating a plan that fits his/her particular needs.
We know that many patients, while dedicating themselves to their treatments, still want to define themselves outside the scope of their diseases. That is why our oncology team provides both scientific excellence and compassion that addresses the entire patient, not just his/her cancer. We emphasize that advanced technology is critical, but so is case conferencing and nurse coordination so that we manage the myriad details for our patients.
Cancer Care Programs
The Swedish Cancer Care programs are offered with a tradition of personal, quality care while focusing on clinical excellence. Our areas of expertise include:
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumor Treatment
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Gynecologic Cancer Treatment
- Lung Cancer Treatment
- Liver and Pancreas Cancer Treatment
- Skin Cancer Treatment
Swedish Medical Center’s Pancreatic Cancer Services are offered as a part of our Center for Diseases of the Liver and Pancreas. As a leader in services offered in Colorado, our center has dedicated physicians and staff committed to comprehensive care and treatment to all pancreatic cancer patients. Our Center provides the most advanced treatments and compassionate care to ensure that all of our patients achieve the best possible outcome.
Each of our disease-specific programs meet standards of excellence to ensure the highest quality of care while offering the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available. In fact, our gynecologic oncology and prostate cancer programs both utilize the highly advanced, minimally invasive da Vinci® Surgical Robot for appropriate cases.
Our programs offer participation in leading edge clinical trials and boast competitive patient outcomes. The Swedish Cancer Care Center has earned accreditation from the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and Joint Commission, and is recognized by the American College of Surgeons as a Commission on Cancer-Approved Program for the many cancer types we treat and the number of specialists on staff to best diagnose and treat these cancers. Additionally, the Joint Commission recently awarded Swedish a "Gold Seal" in pancreatic and lung cancer care>>
Our program cares for all aspects of the patient from screening and case conferences to care coordinators and integrative therapies.
- A weekly multidisciplinary case conference where medical and radiation oncologists, pulmonologists, surgeons, radiologists and nurses review each patients history and proposed treatment plan.
- An Oncology Patient Care Coordinator who helps each patient navigate through their medical care decisions and appointments.
- An inpatient oncology unit with all registered nurses completing the HealthONE Oncology Core Curriculum, which enables them to administer chemotherapy; and several nurses achieving national certification.
- A Palliative Care Program available to help staff and physicians focus on the best possible quality of life for patients with advanced illness.
- A Low-Cost Lung Cancer Screening program to help detect lung cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
- Cancer research studies available to our patients.
- Integrative therapies for oncology patients:
- Music and Art Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
- Support Groups
We have a team of experts caring for you from first diagnosis to survivorship and surveillance.
Our Swedish Cancer Care Center medical staff continues to grow and attract top oncologists to the program. Our board-certified physicians and highly experienced staff strive for excellence in continuing education, staying current on the latest treatment options and programs of care. Through weekly tumor board and case conference meetings, our multidisciplinary team offers the level of collaboration you expect from a major academic center, but provides it in a comfortable community hospital setting.
Treatment and Care
Our focus is on clinical excellence and patient outcomes.
A diagnosis of cancer not only affects the individual but that person's family and support system as well. That is why the Swedish continuum of care includes significant integrative therapy options to help patients and their families lead as normal and comfortable lives as possible during treatment. Our experienced patient navigator helps our patients and their families make sense of their treatment plan and is a resource for them throughout the process.
The Swedish Cancer Care Center is also affiliated with the Colorado Cancer Research Program as a consortium hospital, which offers access to national studies and the most advanced treatment protocols available.