Comprehensive Lung Cancer Care Program at Swedish Medical Center in Denver, Colorado
Lung Cancer Specialists Using a Proactive, Team Approach to Provide Advanced Diagnostics and Surgical & Nonsurgical Therapies.
Our program's diverse team of specialists, advanced resources and full continuum of lung cancer care are important qualities that have helped us earn the trust and confidence of our patients and referring physicians. We also make it easier for patients to access the care they need by helping them coordinate and manage the various services, referrals and therapies involved in their treatment plan. As a result, patients can devote more time and energy toward achieving their most important goal: restoring health.
Here are just a few of the reasons why Swedish is the provider of choice for lung cancer treatment throughout the Rocky Mountain region.
- A weekly multidisciplinary case conference where medical and radiation oncologists, pulmonologists, surgeons, radiologists and nurses review each patients history and proposed treatment plan.
- An Oncology Patient Care Coordinator who helps each patient navigate through their medical care decisions and appointments.
- An inpatient oncology unit with all registered nurses completing the HealthONE Oncology Core Curriculum, which enables them to administer chemotherapy; and several nurses achieving national certification.
- A Palliative Care Program available to help staff and physicians focus on the best possible quality of life for patients with advanced illness.
- A Low-Cost Lung Cancer Screening program to help detect lung cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
- Cancer research studies available to our patients.
- A monthly Lung Cancer Support Group devoted to the support and well being of our patients diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Earned the Joint Commission's "Gold Seal" for our lung cancer program
- Integrative Therapy Options for Oncology Patients:
- Music and Art Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
- Reiki Therapy
- Support Groups