Comprehensive Lung Cancer Program at Swedish Medical Center in Denver, Colorado
Lung Cancer Specialists Using a Proactive, Team Approach to Provide Advanced Diagnostics and Surgical & Nonsurgical Therapies
Our program's diverse team of specialists, advanced resources and full continuum of lung cancer care are important qualities that have helped us earn the trust and confidence of our patients and referring physicians. We also make it easier for patients to access the care they need by helping them coordinate and manage the various services, referrals and therapies involved in their treatment plan. As a result, patients can devote more time and energy toward achieving their most important goal: restoring health.
Here are just a few of the reasons why Swedish is the provider of choice for lung cancer treatment throughout the Rocky Mountain region.
- Swedish Medical Center is the only Colorado hospital to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for certification in Lung Cancer Care.
- A weekly multidisciplinary case conference where medical and radiation oncologists, pulmonologists, surgeons, radiologists, nurses, a dietitian, social worker, clinical research nurse, and nurse navigators review each patients history and proposed treatment plan.
- Oncology Nurse Navigators who collaborate with the health care team to help patients navigate through diagnosis, appointments, hospital and community resources, treatment decisions and survivorship.
- Sally Tenorio, BSN, RN, CCA, CCNN at 303-788-3994
- Consuelo Kelly, BSN, RN, OCN at 303-788-3992
- An inpatient oncology unit with all registered nurses completing the HealthONE Oncology Core Curriculum, which enables them to administer chemotherapy; and several nurses achieving national certification.
- A Palliative Care Program available to help staff and physicians focus on the best possible quality of life for patients with advanced illness.
- A Lung Cancer Screening program to help detect lung cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
- A Lung Nodule Clinic that provides a team of experts who offer surveillance and treatment options to patients who have lung abnormalities found on medical imaging (CT scan, X-rays, etc.).
- Clinical Trials for patients with lung cancer are offered through our collaboration with the Colorado Cancer Research Program.
- A monthly Lung Cancer Support Group devoted to the support and well being of our patients diagnosed with lung cancer and their family members.
- Integrative Therapy Options for Oncology Patients:
- Music and Art Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
- Reiki Therapy
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Support Groups
Our Comprehensive Lung Cancer Program follows nationally recognized standards of care including the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines.