May 2012: The Swedish Heart Center is recognized as a Gold Performance Mission: Lifeline award winner by the American Heart Association for our commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients that effectively improves the survival and care of STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients. Learn more about the Mission: Lifeline award>>
The Heart Center at Swedish in Denver, Colorado
What makes The Heart Center at Swedish the right choice for your cardiac care?
Whether you have unexplained chest pain, need cardiac testing or are experiencing a heart attack, The Heart Center at Swedish Medical Center offers comprehensive cardiac care through coordination of EMS responders, the Emergency Department, and an experienced team of healthcare professionals who ensure you receive appropriate and timely care for your condition.
Chest Pain Program
- Patient Chest Pain Evaluations are completed in less than eight hours and do not require a hospital admission. At other hospitals, this process typically takes 18-24 hours and involves an overnight stay. Learn when to call 9-1-1 due to Chest Pain>>
- Chest Pain Nurse Practitioners are on campus (from 7 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.) more hours per day than any other facility in the Denver.
- When EMS call a "Cardiac Alert" on the way to Swedish, an Emergency Department physician and our experienced cardiac team meet the patient on arrival at the hospital.
- Two Cath Labs provide comprehensive emergency services.
- Swedish's median door-to-balloon times for Cardiac Alert® patients are among the best in the region.
Cardiac Thoracic Surgery
- The Operating Room (OR) is available 24/7 for emergency heart and thoracic surgery.
- The OR, CCU and Progressive Care Unit staff offer a designated team of nurses for open-heart surgery patients.
- A Cardiovascular (CV) Nurse Practitioner is available to provide education, discharge information, direct patient care, rounding and additional expertise in evaluating situations for the physician.
The Heart Center Staff
- Some of the most highly credentialed nurses in the state.
- Use a multi-disciplinary approach to working with our cardiovascular surgeons to provide excellent care for our CV surgical patients. This results in positive outcomes with shorter lengths of stay than the national average.
Thriving after heart affliction. Read Tim Vermeer's story of living with Atrial Fibrillation>>