About Radiology/Imaging at Swedish
Radiology/Imaging Services at Swedish Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
Swedish offers state-of-the art imaging services and convenient scheduling to accommodate outpatient needs within 24 hours. Images are read 24/7 for immediate draft reporting or physician review via "PACS," our digital access service.
A Pioneer in Technology
Swedish Medical Center was the first hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to utilize CT scanners and one of the first to use MRI, angiography suites, ultrasound and nuclear medicine cameras. In addition, Swedish Medical Center is one of only two hospitals in Colorado with neurointerventional physicians on staff. Interventional radiology is available 24 hours a day.
Leading-edge technology and services at Swedish include:
- Expert technologists and nurses are cross-trained to ensure the best service for patients and physicians.
- Several CT and PET/CT scanners available on campus, including Colorado's first and only 64-slice PET/CT.
- CT Direct program through the Emergency Department provides CT or CTA within 10 minutes for emergent Stroke Alert patients. Swedish Medical Center was the first JCAHO-certified Stroke Center in Colorado.
- One 3-T MRI and one 1.5T MRI scanners provide high-resolution images for neurological, vascular, orthopedic, abdominal, pelvic and aortic reviews. We are also the only location in Colorado to provide Functional MRI and Spectroscopy. Sedation available per a physician's orders.
- Wide-range of Nuclear Medicine services featuring seven diagnostic, digital imaging rooms and including one "open" camera for cardiac imaging or for patients sensitive to small spaces.
- Three biplane neuroangiography suites; one single plane angiography suite; three fluoroscopy suites.
- Women's imaging services available on campus through a partnership with INVISION and Swedish's Perinatal Resource Center located on the 5th floor.
The Radiology Team
The radiology team is composed of board-certified radiologists who represent every specialty and subspecialty of radiology from neuroradiology and interventional angiography to trauma and women's imaging.
Radiology Department is on the 3rd Floor
To schedule a test, call 303-788-5444
After hours: 303-788-6058
Fax written orders: 303-788-4895
FREE valet parking and convenient garage parking is available. Direct Admissions Monday through Friday in Radiology Department; evenings & weekends in Emergency Department Admissions.